Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships, University of Alberta, Canada
The Vanier CGS program aims to attract and retain world-class doctoral students by supporting students who demonstrate both leadership skills and a high standard of scholarly achievement in graduate studies.
Valued at $50,000 a year for three years, the Vanier is one of Canada’s most prestigious graduate awards.
Both Canadian and international students are eligible to apply.
The Vaniers are administered by Canada’s three federal funding agencies:
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
2012 Vanier Competition at the U of A
Eligibility criteria are based on the 2011 Vanier CGS competition and will be updated once the details about the 2012 competition become available.
To be considered for a Vanier CGS at the University of Alberta, you must:
- intend to pursue a doctoral degree (or combined MA/PhD or MD/PhD) full-time at the University of Alberta in the May 2012 semester or the 2012/13 academic year.
- have completed between zero and 20 months of doctoral studies as of May 1, 2012 (ie. may not have begun the doctoral program earlier than Sept 1, 2010).
- have achieved a first-class average (equivalent to 3.5 or greater at the University of Alberta) in each of the last two years of full-time study or equivalent.
- be seeking financial support to pursue a first doctoral degree (or combined MA/PhD or MD/PhD).
- be invited to apply by the University of Alberta; applicants may only be nominated to the national competition by one Canadian university.
- not have already received a doctoral-level scholarship or fellowship from SSHRC, NSERC or CIHR to undertake or complete a doctoral degree.
- August 10, 2011 (tentative)
Deadline for departments to indicate support for eligible candidates whom they wish to invite to complete the full online 2012 Vanier CGS application form.
- September 9, 2011 (tentative)
Deadline for online submission of applications via ResearchNet and for receipt of official transcripts (including current U of A transcripts), and other supporting documents in FGSR AND deadline for receipt of department draft institutional nomination letter via e-mail.
- September 12-29, 2011 (tentative)
U of A Vanier CGS committee reviews submitted applications and finalizes list of applicants to be recommended to the national Vanier CGS committee
- Late October 2011 (tentative)
University deadline for submitting nominations to granting agencies
- April 2012
Communication of results to applicants
How to Apply – For Students
- Students must contact the U of A department and express interest in the Vanier scholarship as soon as possible.
- The department and the U of A Vanier CGS Committee will perform a preliminary assessment of qualified applicants; based on these preliminary assessments, eligible candidates will then be invited to complete the tri-agency’s full online Vanier CGS application and submit supporting documents. Only invited applicants are required to complete the online application.
- The U of A Vanier CGS Committee will adjudicate, select and forward nominees to the national Vanier CGS competition by the national deadline.
- Nominations will be considered at the national Vanier CGS adjudication with results for the 2012 competition expected in April 2012.
Visit official website.
361 total views, 2 views today
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
Demikianlah informasi tentang Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships, University of Alberta, Canada, semoga bermanfaat.