Biaya Pendaftaran kali ini menyampaikan informasi tentang Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships at University of Alberta sebagai berikut:
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships at University of Alberta
The Vanier CGS program aims to attract and retain world-class doctoral students by supporting students who demonstrate both leadership skills and a high standard of scholarly achievement in graduate studies.
Valued at $50,000 a year for three years, the Vanier is one of Canada’s most prestigious graduate awards.
The Vanier Scholarships support doctoral studies in the social sciences and humanities, natural sciences and engineering, and health-related fields.
Both Canadian and international students are eligible to apply.
The Vaniers are administered by Canada’s three federal funding agencies:
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
Visit Official Website.
2012 Vanier Competition at the U of A
* Eligibility criteria are based on the 2011 Vanier CGS competition and will be updated once the details about the 2012 competition become available.
|To be considered for a Vanier CGS at the University of Alberta, you must:
- intend to pursue a doctoral degree (or combined MA/PhD or MD/PhD) full-time at the University of Alberta in the May 2012 semester or the 2012/13 academic year.
- have completed between zero and 20 months of doctoral studies as of May 1, 2012 (ie. may not have begun the doctoral program earlier than Sept 1, 2010).
- have achieved a first-class average (equivalent to 3.5 or greater at the University of Alberta) in each of the last two years of full-time study or equivalent.
- be seeking financial support to pursue a first doctoral degree (or combined MA/PhD or MD/PhD).
- be invited to apply by the University of Alberta; applicants may only be nominated to the national competition by one Canadian university.
- not have already received a doctoral-level scholarship or fellowship from SSHRC, NSERC or CIHR to undertake or complete a doctoral degree.
See the Vanier Scholarship website for complete eligibility details
|Important Dates (Tentative)*
- August 10, 2011 (tentative)
Deadline for departments to indicate support for eligible candidates whom they wish to invite to complete the full online 2012 Vanier CGS application form.
- September 9, 2011 (tentative)
Deadline for online submission of applications via ResearchNet and for receipt of official transcripts (including current U of A transcripts), and other supporting documents in FGSR AND deadline for receipt of department draft institutional nomination letter via e-mail.
- September 12-29, 2011 (tentative)
U of A Vanier CGS committee reviews submitted applications and finalizes list of applicants to be recommended to the national Vanier CGS committee
- Late October 2011 (tentative)
University deadline for submitting nominations to granting agencies
- April 2012
Communication of results to applicants
See below for the detailed timeline.
* All dates are tentative. When the Tri-Agency releases details about the 2012 Vanier CGS competition, an updated timeline will be posted.
|How to Apply – For Students
- Students must contact the U of A department and express interest in the Vanier scholarship as soon as possible.
- The department and the U of A Vanier CGS Committee will perform a preliminary assessment of qualified applicants; based on these preliminary assessments, eligible candidates will then be invited to complete the tri-agency’s full online Vanier CGS application and submit supporting documents. Only invited applicants are required to complete the online application.
- The U of A Vanier CGS Committee will adjudicate, select and forward nominees to the national Vanier CGS competition by the national deadline.
- Nominations will be considered at the national Vanier CGS adjudication with results for the 2012 competition expected in April 2012.
310 total views, 1 views today
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships, University of Alberta, Canada The Vanier CGS program aims to attract and retain world-class doctoral students by supporting students who demonstrate both leadership skills and a high standard of scholarly achievement […]
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships Canada is building world-class research capacity by recruiting top-tier doctoral students, both nationally and internationally, who will positively contribute to our economic, social and […]
- PhD Position in Database Integration at Memorial University of Newfoundland PhD Position in Database IntegrationThe Faculty of Business Administration at Memorial University of Newfoundland is inviting applications for a PhD in Information Systems with an emphasis […]
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for S1 S2 S3 Foreign Students, Khazar University, Azerbaijan Khazar University – Azerbaijan, is offering full tuition fees scholarships for all international foreign students from any country commencing Bachelor, Master, or PhD degree in academic […]
- Talisman Vietnam Master Scholarships in Petroleum at University of Alberta, Canada Scholarship for International Students at university of Alberta, Canada in fields related to petroluem With the objectives of contribution to enhancing quality of the local workforce in […]
- Roma Tre University PhD Positions 2010-2011, Italy 2010/2011 CALL FOR APPLICATIONS PhD Level Courses (Corsi di dottorato di ricerca), Roma Tre University (Doctorates, Doctoral Schools)Roma Tre University (Rome, Italy), hereafter referred […]
- PhD Scholarships in Humanities and Social Sciences, Freie Universität Berlin, Graduate School of North American Studies, Germany Graduate School of North American Studies invites applications for 10 Doctoral GrantsThe Graduate School of the John F. Kennedy-Institute for North American Studies invites applications […]
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK Fully funded research studentships are available for all international / overseas (non UK & EU) students enrolling PhD degree for October 2016 at University of Reading – UK. The […]
- Sylff Scholarships in Humanities and Social Sciences for Developing Countries The Ryoichi Sasakawa Young Leaders Fellowship Fund (SYLFF), is a fellowship program initiated in 1987 to support students pursuing graduate studies in humanities and social sciences […]
- PhD student positions at the Linné Flow Centre at KTH Royal Institute of Technology KTH is the largest technical university in Sweden. Education and research cover a broad spectrum within natural sciences and engineering, as well as architecture, industrial engineering […]
Demikianlah informasi tentang Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships at University of Alberta, semoga bermanfaat.