The Clem Jones Undergraduate Scholarship, Griffith University, Australia
The aim of the scholarship is to assist students with high levels of sporting and academic ability to gain tertiary qualifications from which they and the community will benefit. The scholarship will financially assist applicants on low incomes with additional cost associated with university.
There are two scholarships available, valued at $3000 each per annum for a total of three years (total of $9000 each scholarship). Payments will be made into the recipient’s nominated bank account each semester, providing the recipient meets GPA requirements and submits sporting reports on a bi-annual basis.
Griffith is an elite athlete-friendly university and has a strong commitment to sport and the role that it plays in a balanced educational environment. Fostering elite athletes and helping them to play sport whilst studying is a major part of that commitment. Griffith has many links with local and international sporting organisations. Griffith University, through the Griffith Sports College, assists elite athletes in sourcing flexible study means to enable them to continue performing at optimum level whilst studying.
Selection will be based on the following criteria:
* high level of sporting achievement (competing at state level; representing school or University)
* low-socio economic status
* ability to succeed at University
* Personal statement outlining why the awarding of the scholarship would be warranted and the potential benefits for the recipient
* Australian citizen or Permanent Resident
* current Griffith University undergraduate student or eligible for admission to any of Griffith University’s undergraduate programs.
How to apply
To apply for the The Clem Jones Scholarship you must complete and submit the application form below:
* The Clem Jones Scholarship application form
Applications close on Friday, 21 January 2011.
179 total views, 1 views today
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
Demikianlah informasi tentang The Clem Jones Undergraduate Scholarship, Griffith University, Australia, semoga bermanfaat.