Biaya Pendaftaran kali ini menyampaikan informasi tentang PhD fellowship in Legume chemistry and the specificity of pea aphid host races, Chemical Ecology at IMPRS sebagai berikut:
PhD fellowship in Legume chemistry and the specificity of pea aphid host races, Chemical Ecology at IMPRS
Project 6: Legume chemistry and the specificity of pea aphid host races
Supervisors: Prof. Jonathan Gershenzon, Dr. Grit Kunert
The pea aphid, Acyrthosiphon pisum (Harris), is actually a complex of distinct races that each live on a different group of legume species. Some live on several species, while others live on a single species or just a few. This ecological specialization can be considered as one of the first steps towards sympatric speciation since the host fidelity of races leads to assortative mating which reduces gene flow between host-races. The aim of this project is to identify plant chemical compounds that are responsible for the pattern of host plant usage by pea aphid races and test their involvement in ecological and evolutionary processes. We are seeking: a highly motivated Ph.D. candidate with some background in analytical chemistry, biochemistry or chemical ecology. The candidate should be strongly interested in interdisciplinary research questions. (Project leader: Grit Kunert).
The project will be part of the International Max Planck Research School (IMPRS) “The Exploration of Ecological Interactions with Molecular and Chemical Techniques” in Jena, Germany. Students holding a Master`s degree (or equivalent) in molecular biology, ecology, entomology, microbiology, chemistry, biochemistry and neuroethology, with a proven record of success in one of the disciplines and interest in examining ecological interactions, are eligible to conduct a doctoral project within the IMPRS.
The Research School is a joint initiative of the Max Planck Institute for Chemical Ecology, Friedrich Schiller University, Jena, the Leibniz Institute for Natural Product Research and Infection Biology, and the Leibniz Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research. The main focus is on the interaction between plants and animals, and their environment, as well as the evolutionary and behavioral consequences of these interactions.
Application deadline is June 26, 2011.
For detailed information about the IMPRS, PhD topics offered and application requirements, please Visit Official Website.
271 total views, 1 views today
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- 8 PhD Fellowships in Molecular and Chemical Ecology at IMPRS 8 PhD Fellowships in Molecular and Chemical EcologyThe International Max Planck Research School (IMPRS) "The Exploration of Ecological Interactions with Molecular and Chemical Techniques" […]
- PhD fellowship in Chemical Ecology at International Max Planck Research School Project 7: How do wood-feeding insects digest their diet? Supervisors: Prof. Jonathan Gershenzon, Dr. Axel Schmidt, Dr. Martin Kaltenpoth, MPI-CEWood-feeding insects are sometimes known to […]
- PhD fellowship in Neuroethology at International Max Planck Research School Project 9: Analysis of olfactory receptors of Manduca moths using RNAi, Supervisor: Prof. Bill Hansson, MPI-CEGiant Manduca moths find their host plants to a large degree using odors. We […]
- PhD Position in Agronomy at Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research, Köln The PhD student will contribute to the cooperative research project “Identification of molecular markers for barley yellow dwarf virus (BYDV) resistance in maize” between the MPIPZ, the […]
- Postdoctoral Position in Cell Physiology at Max Planck Institute of Molecular Physioloy Postdoctoral position in Cell Physiology at the Max Planck Institute of Molecular Physiology, Dortmund, GermanyA postdoctoral position is immediately available in the group of Professor […]
- [Denmark] PhD Scholarship in Herbivory, aboveground-belowground interactions at climate change at University of Copenhagen PhD Scholarship in Herbivory, aboveground-belowground interactions at climate change at University of CopenhagenOverview Applications are invited for a PhD scholarship within the following […]
- Postdoc Position in Hydrogen Storage by Adsorption in Porous Materials at ENSTA ParisTech Postdoctoral Position Proposal for 2011Topic : Hydrogen adsorption in porous materials. The Department of Process Engineering at ENSTA is involved in the determination of the ad-sorption […]
- PhD Scholarships 2011 at International Max Planck Research School for Neural Circuits, Germany The IMPRS for Neural Circuits was recently funded by the Max Planck Society and offers ten positions for talented students holding a relevant Master´s or Bachelor´s degree to perform […]
- International Max Planck Research School for Global Biogeochemical Cycles International Max Planck Research School for Global Biogeochemical CyclesOverviewThe International Max Planck Research School for Global Biogeochemical Cycles (IMPRS-gBGC) in cooperation […]
- PhD Scholarships at Gottingen Graduate School in Neurosciences and Molecular Biosciences The Göttingen Graduate School for Neurosciences and Molecular Biosciences (GGNB) was founded in 2007 as a joint enterprise between the University of Göttingen, three Max Planck […]
Demikianlah informasi tentang PhD fellowship in Legume chemistry and the specificity of pea aphid host races, Chemical Ecology at IMPRS, semoga bermanfaat.