International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS), University of Adelaide, Australia
The International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS) scheme is funded by the Commonwealth Government through the Department of Education, Employment & Workplace Relations (DEEWR). Its purpose is to attract high quality overseas postgraduate students to areas of research strength in higher education institutions to support Australia’s research effort. Approximately 15 scholarships may be available in 2011 for international students from any country undertaking postgraduate research in areas of University research strengths.
The IPRS provides:
1. Course tuition fees for two years for a Masters degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree (an extension is possible for doctoral programs only); and
2. Health insurance cover for students.
3. All successful IPRS applicants will also receive an Adelaide Scholarships International (ASI) place which provides an annual living allowance of approximately $22,250 (2010 value) for the normal duration of the program.
Applicants should hold at least the equivalent of an Australian First Class Honours degree. This is a four year degree with a major research project in the final year. Other criteria that will be taken into consideration is undergraduate performance, bachelor and honours awards and scholarships, other postgraduate degrees, publications in refereed journals, the presentation of conference papers and relevant industry experience.
Applications for these scholarships are always highly competitive. Generally IPRS recipients have completed a Masters degree including a significant research component and have several publications and relevant work and research experience.
* IPRS Scholarships will be awarded on academic merit and to applicants applying in areas of research strength. Extra-curricular achievements will not be considered.
* Citizens and Permanent Residents of Australia, and citizens of New Zealand are ineligible.
* Those undertaking research via remote candidature are ineligible.
* Candidates who have applied for Australian permanent resident status are ineligible to apply.
* International applicants are not eligible for an IPRS if they have already commenced the degree for which they are seeking an award, unless they can establish that they were unable to apply for an IPRS in the previous calendar year.
* International applicants must not hold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate degree or, if undertaking a Research Masters degree, not hold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian Research Masters degree.
* International applicants who have not provided evidence of their meeting English language proficiency requirements by the closing date are not eligible for an IPRS.
* Candidates are required to enrol in the University of Adelaide as ‘international students’ and must maintain ‘international student’ status for the duration of their enrolment in the University.
* Scholarships are available for the normal duration of the program, subject to satisfactory progress. For students enrolled in a PhD, extensions beyond three years and six months require the approval of the Graduate Scholarships Committee and would only be approved in exceptional circumstances.
* Scholarships holders must commence study at The University of Adelaide in Semester 1 or Semester 2, 2011. No IPRS may be commenced after 30 September.
* Scholarship winners will not be permitted to defer commencement until 2012.
* Applicants who applied in previous international scholarship rounds are not eligible to apply again.
We strongly recommend that all applicants submit their application and all required documents well before the closing date. Incomplete applications at the scholarship application deadline will not be considered for a scholarship.
Current status: Open (2011 Major International Scholarship round). Deadline: 31 August.
404 total views, 1 views today
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
Demikianlah informasi tentang International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS), University of Adelaide, Australia, semoga bermanfaat.