Huygens Scholarship Programme for International Students
Target group: Master’s degree, Bachelor’s degree , PhD degree
Purpose: Study, Research
Field of study: All
Eligible candidates: excellent results in all your previous studies, in the top 5% of students in your study or research programme
Value and purpose of grant : a monthly allowance of € 1,380 euros (this includes a standard contribution towards healthcare insurance), visa fees (standard contribution), a generous contriburion towards tuition fees or towards bench fees for the PhD thesis, a one -off payment towards international travel costs (standard contribution based on country of origin)
Grant award period : 6 – 24 months, 6 – 48 months for PhD.
Closing date : 31 January
The prestigious Huygens Scholarship Programme is open to excellent students from all countries of the world. It is aimed at talented students who want to come to the Netherlands in the final phase of their bachelor’s studies or during their master’s studies. PhD applications can only be accepted from excellent students with the Icelandic, Macedonian, Chinese, Croatian or Turkish nationality. Furthermore the minister has reserved part of the total budget for excellent students following programmes in Dutch language and literature, or Neerlandistiek.
The Huygens Scholarship Programme is highly competitive. To illustrate this: for the 2011 scholarship round it is expected that out of approximately 1,700 applications only 150 candidates will be awarded a scholarship.
- You are an excellent student: you have obtained excellent results in all your previous studies and you are at least in the top 5% of students in your study or research programme. Please show this in your application file by including, for example, grade lists or reference letters. In case of equivalent qualification preference will be given to applications which show that you are among the top 5%.
- The Dutch study programme should be registered in CROHO, the Central Register of Higher Education Programmes. You can find this information in the Dutch nomination letter provided by the Dutch host institution.
- You should be in the final phase of your bachelor’s studies, or studying towards a master’s degree in the Netherlands, and your study must be used to earn a degree at the Dutch institution.
- Scholarships are only awarded for studies lasting at least 6 months, but no longer than 24 months. In case of equivalent qualification preference will be given to applications for 12 to 24 months.
- Your studies or research in the Netherlands must constitute a deepening and broadening of your previous studies.
- If you are already a graduate, you must have graduated less than one year ago.
- It is possible to do research or practical training, but it must form part of your studies (a programme on the CROHO list), i.e. you must receive study credits for it. In case of equivalent qualification preference will be given to applications for study programmes.
- At the start of the academic year (1 September) in which you study in the Netherlands, you must be no older than 35 years of age.
- You must have already attended a programme of education (e.g. high school or above) in a country outside the Netherlands.
Grant provider : Dutch ministry of Education, Culture and Science
For more information on the Huygens Scholarship Programme and application procedure:
Visit Official Website.
348 total views, 1 views today
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
Demikianlah informasi tentang Huygens Scholarship Programme for International Students, semoga bermanfaat.