Biaya Pendaftaran kali ini menyampaikan informasi tentang Doctoral Studies Scholarship in Aquatic Ecology at University of Lund sebagai berikut:
Doctoral Studies Scholarship in Aquatic Ecology at University of Lund
The aim of the research project is to identify the barriers to dispersal in a microalgal species that forms blooms in freshwater lakes. This research has implications for the understanding of the dispersal of microalgae and microorganisms in general, as well as for predicting the occurrence of new algal blooms. The approach is to determine the importance of physical versus biological dispersal barriers by analyzing the genetic diversity patterns. The current hypothesis is that physical dispersal barriers are important for generating genetic differentiation. Instead, differentiation among microalgal populations might be explained by so called founder effects. Founder effects refer to the dominance of strains or species that arrive first to a new habitat. In laboratory and mesocosm experiments, priority effects and invasion sequence will be investigated in the algal species Gonyostomum semen.
The position will be based at the unit of Aquatic Ecology, Department of Biology, Lund University, in southern Sweden. The PhD project is a part of a larger project financed by Formas (The Swedish Research Council for Environment, Agricultural Sciences, and Spatial Planning), and will involve collaboration with other PhD students and a group at Gothenburg University (Ass. Prof. Anna Godhe). The project is suitable for applicants who would like to combine ecology and population genetics with molecular biological tools. The practical work will include PCR-based techniques, analyses of population genetic data, algal culturing, and microscopy. Experimental work will be performed both in the laboratory and in the field. In addition, the PhD student will be able to join the Research School in Genomic Ecology (GENECO) in Lund. This program will give access to a network of other PhD students and researchers in genomic ecology, annual meetings, workshops, travel grants to visit other institutions, as well as a career mentor.
Requirements for this position are an MSc or comparable degree in ecology preferably with an aquatic and/or molecular ecological specialization. The successful candidate will have very good experience in molecular techniques. A driver’s license is required, as is very good knowledge of written and spoken English.
Application Deadline: February 06, 2011
321 total views, 1 views today
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- PhD Position in Biophysical Chemistry, Lund University, Sweden The position is linked to the research project “Molecular basis of heat and desiccation tolerance of bacterial cells and spores”, funded by Nestec Ltd, Lund University and the Swedish […]
- PhD Scholarship in Geobiosphere Sciences at Lund University PhD Scholarship in Geobiosphere Sciences at Lund UniversityType of employment: Limit of tenure, 1 yearExtent: 100 % Location: Department of Earth and Ecosystem Sciences (Geology Unit), […]
- PhD scholarship in Geobiosphere science towards quaternary sciences at University of Lund OverviewType of employment: Limit of tenure, 2012-10-31 Extent: 100 % Location: Department of Earth and Ecosystem Sciences (Geology Unit), Lund First day of employment: 2011-11-01 Official […]
- Technical University of Denmark PhD Positions in Mathematics Related Research Areas Applications are invited for 3-year PhD positions starting June 1 2011 or earlier, at the Department of Mathematics. The positions should be within the research areas of the […]
- Lund University PhD Scholarship on Molecular Basis of Heat and Desiccation Tolerance of Bacterial Cells and Spores The position is linked to the research project “Molecular basis of heat and desiccation tolerance of bacterial cells and spores”, funded by Nestec Ltd, Lund University and the Swedish […]
- Master Scholarships in Aquaculture, Ghent University, Belgium This programme provides courses at university level on the most important aspects of aquaculture, for both marine and freshwater organisms. The programme takes a multidisciplinary, […]
- Master Scholarships 2011 in Aquaculture at Universiteit Gent This programme provides courses at university level on the most important aspects of aquaculture, for both marine and freshwater organisms. The programme takes a multidisciplinary, […]
- Biodesign Innovation Fellowship at Stanford University Each year, the Biodesign Program has two U.S.-based fellowship teams of four fellows working within a specific clinical area. Focus areas in the past have included Cardiovascular […]
- PhD Scholarship in Theoretical Physics, Computational Biology, Lund University, Sweden PhD Scholarship in Theoretical Physics, Computational Biology – LUND UNIVERSITY The student will work in the area of dynamical modelling of biological networks, in particular in relation […]
- Connaught International Scholarship for Doctoral Students at University of Toronto, Canada The primary purpose of the Connaught International Scholarships for Doctoral Students is to assist graduate units in recruiting and supporting outstanding international scholars to the […]
Demikianlah informasi tentang Doctoral Studies Scholarship in Aquatic Ecology at University of Lund, semoga bermanfaat.