Amsterdam Merit Scholarships (AMS), University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
Scholarships for excellent students
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.
Requirements for eligibility
Candidates wishing to take part in the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship programme must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a non-EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans (“Studiefinanciering”; for more information please refer to: www.ib-groep.nl). The scholarship office should be notified as soon as possible of any change in nationality, type of residence permit, and/or possible “Studiefinanciering” support, throughout the academic year.
- Be fully admitted to a degree programme at the Universiteit van Amsterdam which is registered at the Central Register of Higher Education Programmes (CROHO; for more information refer to: www.ib-groep.nl).
For more information about general application requirements, please consult the individual programme descriptions at www.uva.nl/isp for study programmes taught in English, or www.uva.nl/application for study programmes taught in Dutch.
Scholarship continuation is not guaranteed when a candidate changes his or her degree programme.
- Be admitted to a bachelor’s or master’s programme at the Universiteit van Amsterdam for the first time. AMS will not be awarded to candidates who are admitted for a second bachelor’s or master’s programme at the Universiteit van Amsterdam.
- Be able to comply with Dutch visa regulations.
- Be enrolled at the UvA as full-time student for the academic year and the programme for which the scholarship is awarded.
- The candidate should not receive a full coverage scholarship for the same period of study as the AMS scholarship. Notify the scholarships office when another full scholarship such as HSP, Alban, NFP, etc. has been awarded and which scholarship has been chosen to accept.
- Scholarship continuation for subsequent year(s) of study depends upon satisfactory study progress. The programme you will be enrolled in, as it depends on the curriculum and rules and regulations of the department, sets the standard for satisfactory progress, the time and manner in which progress will be measured. Please be advised that you are expected to gain approximately 80% of credits in any one year.
The programme you wish to apply for might set extra requirements such as academic and language requirements.
The faculties and international schools award scholarships themselves; as such, regulations may vary. Students interested in an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship may contact the faculty or international school offering the study programme of their choice for more information.
- Amsterdam Medical Centre (AMC)
- Amsterdam Law School (ALS)
- Faculty of Economics and Business
- Faculty of Science
- Graduate School for Humanities
- Graduate School of Social Sciences (GSSS)
For more information, please visit : official website
398 total views, 1 views today
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
Demikianlah informasi tentang Amsterdam Merit Scholarships (AMS), University of Amsterdam, Netherlands, semoga bermanfaat.