Ajinomoto Scholarship for ASEAN International Students, University of Tokyo, Japan
This program enables students from five ASEAN countries (Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, and Vietnam) wishing to enroll in a master’s course (major in one of the sciences) at the University of Tokyo, to secure scholarships before their arrival in Japan. It aims to cultivate individuals capable of leading Asia in the twenty-first century and to contribute to the development of Asia and the world as well as to mutual understanding between these countries and Japan.
Applicants who wish to enroll in a master’s course and major in one of the sciences (except medicine and veterinary medicine) at the University of Tokyo and who fulfill the following requirements and qualifications.
1. Applicants must be citizens of Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, or Vietnam.
2. Applicants must have graduated or be expected to graduate with an excellent academic record (with 16 years of education completed or expected to be completed) and must receive the recommendation of their university president or academic advisor or be otherwise qualified to enroll in the University of Tokyo.
3. Applicants must be under the age of 35 on April 1, 2012.
4. In principle, the applicant must be able to obtain approval of acceptance as a Postgraduate International Research Student (hereinafter “Research Student”), from the University of Tokyo and be registered as a Research Student for April 2012 or October 2012.
However, the applicant may enroll directly as a master’s course student of some graduate schools in the University of Tokyo. In that case, the applicant must be able to obtain approval of enrollment from the University of Tokyo and be registered as a master’s course student for Apr 2012 or Oct 2012.
5. Applicants must acquire adequate Japanese language proficiency that is required in order to research and study in a master’s course, when enrolling as a master’s course student of the University of Tokyo.
6. Applicants must apply from the above 5 countries and be able to attend selection procedures when necessary.
7. Applicants must be in good physical and mental health and have a strong motivation for learning.
8. Applicants must not be receiving other scholarships.
a) Research Student at graduate school: ¥150,000/month (for max. 1 year)
b) Master’s course at graduate school: ¥180,000/month (for max. 2 years)
c) Examination, Admission and Tuition fees: covered in full
d) Airfare (to and from Japan): covered up approximately to ¥200,000 (equivalent amount for economy class ticket. Actual amount in principle)
4. Number of students to be accepted
1 student from each of 5 countries (Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, and Vietnam)
5. Period of Scholarships
Scholarships will be provided for max. 3 years, 1 year studying as a Research Student and max. 2 years studying in a master’s course. The scholarship will be suspended if the scholarship recipient fails to pass the entrance exam for a master’s course within a year after arriving to Japan if the recipient enters as a Research Student. If the recipient enters as a master’s course student, scholarships will be provided for max. 2 years.
6. Application details of each graduate school of the University of Tokyo
Applicants can enroll as Research Students or master’s course students in one of the sciences (except medicine and veterinary medicine) of the graduate schools in the University of Tokyo. Refer appendix 1 for details.
7. Application Deadline
March 31, 2011
8. Application Documents
1. Application form (Form 1) and study program (assigned form)
2. Transcript of scholastic record issued by the university or graduate school attended (no photocopies, written in Japanese or English)
3. A letter of recommendation from university president or academic advisor (assigned form. Additional recommendation letter would be accepted)
4. Additional documents (Optional) A copy of documents proving Japanese Proficiency of the applicant, such as JPLT result, certificate of attendance to Japanese higher education facilities and Japanese Training institutions may be considered.
5. The documents submitted shall not be returned under any circumstances.
9. Selection Process
1. 1st Screening
The screening will be based on the received documents, such as research activities and study plans, university transcript and the letter of recommendation.
2. 2nd screening
The screening for the successful applicants will be based on the following documents.
a) Necessary document required by the Graduate School that the applicant wishing to enroll.-TOEFL Score, etc. (Refer appendix 2)
b) Certificate of Graduation (or Graduation Letter) or Student Registration Certificate
Note: An interview will be held for 2nd selection (in English or in Japanese)
10. Suspension or Termination of Scholarship
The scholarship will be suspended or terminated, if any one of the following conditions applies to the scholarship recipient: According to the circumstances, the scholarship amount already disbursed may be subject to repayment in full or in part:
a) False information found in the application form.
b) Receives any other scholarship.
c) Fails to pass the entrance examination to a University of Tokyo master’s course within one year after arriving to Japan (recipient who enters as a Research Student).
d) Fails to arrive in Japan by the appointed date.
e) Shows poor academic performance due to absence, lack of desire to study or being unable to keep up research for some reason.
f) Has difficulty continuing to study due to illness or other health problems.
g) Violates the rules and regulations of the University of Tokyo or the Ajinomoto Scholarship Foundation.
11. Selection and Notification
1st Screening Late March – April, 2012
2nd Screening May – July, 2012
Notification of the results July, 2012
For more info visit http://www.ajinomoto.co.th/
380 total views, 1 views today
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
Demikianlah informasi tentang Ajinomoto Scholarship for ASEAN International Students, University of Tokyo, Japan, semoga bermanfaat.