Biaya Pendaftaran kali ini menyampaikan informasi tentang 2011 PhD Studentships at Bloomsbury Colleges in UK sebagai berikut:
2011 PhD Studentships at Bloomsbury Colleges in UK
Recently a new mechanism of disease has been identified in the congenital (autosomal recessive) muscular dystrophies that are due to a defect in the glycosylation of alpha dystroglycan. These forms of muscular dystrophy are now known collectively as the dystroglycanopathies. To date mutations in six genes encoding either known or putative glycosyltransferases have been associated with this group of diseases. However, the one most frequently associated with mutations in the Caucasian population is fukutin related protein or FKRP (in Denmark the heterozygote frequency is 1:200).
The candidate will have an interest in the pathogenesis of human neuromuscular disease and protein structure. The project will be based at the Royal Veterinary College where training in muscle pathology will be given. Circular dichroism (CD) spectroscopy and Synchrotron Radiation Circular Dichroism (SRCD) will be undertaken under the supervision of Professor Bonnie Wallace at Birkbeck College who has a particular interest in these techniques and how they may be used to facilitate translational research. This project therefore represents a unique opportunity to combine cellular and biophysical approaches to assess the role of FKRP structure in the pathogenesis of muscular dystrophy.
Application Deadline: 14 March 2011
Visit Official Website.
341 total views, 1 views today
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- University of Cambridge PhD Studentship in Haematology, UK University of Cambridge Announce PhD Studentship in the Department of Haematology, UK Functional characterization of novel regulators of haematopoiesis and platelet function in Danio rerio […]
- PhD position at MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology Molecular Neurobiology of Circadian Timekeeping. Applications invited from EU & UK nationals for a fully funded 3-year PhD studentship under the supervision of Dr Michael Hastings […]
- PhD student in the Swammerdam Institute for Life Sciences The PhD student will work on the molecular basis of aging in Caenorhabditis elegans. He/she will work under the daily supervision of McGillarvy fellow Dr Yelena Budovskaya who has […]
- PhD Scholarships, Department of Mathematics, Technical University of Denmark Applications are invited for 3-year PhD positions starting June 1 2011 or earlier, at the Department of Mathematics. The positions should be within the research areas of the […]
- PhD student position at Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research OverviewThe Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research – UFZ is a research institution within the Helmholtz Association. It provides scientific contributions to the safeguarding of the […]
- 2011 Fully Funded ESRC PhD Studentships in Social Sciences at University of Kent in UK The University of Kent is proud to be part of the South-East ESRC Doctoral Training Centre (DTC) in partnership with the Universities of Reading, Royal Holloway and Surrey. This centre […]
- PhD Scholarships in Organic Synthesis & Polymer Chemistry, DTU Nanotech, Denmark Two full PhD scholarships are offered by the CBIO group at the Department of Micro and Nanotechnology (DTU Nanotech). The CBIO group has extensive collaboration with several Pharma and […]
- Postgraduate Scholarship in Biochemistry at Lunds University, Sweden Post graduate Scholarship in Biochemistry for MSc Students in biochemistry or biomedicine or corresponding educationJob description: Studies on molecular level of structure, function and […]
- PhD Studentship in Tendon Repair, National University of Ireland Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for PhD studentships in tendon repair based at the Network of Excellence for Functional biomaterials (Official Website) at the […]
- 12 PhD Studentships at Bloomsbury Colleges London OverviewThe Bloomsbury Colleges PhD StudentshipsThe Bloomsbury Colleges consortium brings together six University of London colleges comprising Birkbeck (Bbk), Institute of Education […]
Demikianlah informasi tentang 2011 PhD Studentships at Bloomsbury Colleges in UK, semoga bermanfaat.