Biaya Pendaftaran kali ini menyampaikan informasi tentang 2011 PhD Positions in Arctic Geophysics at University Centre in Svalbard, Norway sebagai berikut:
2011 PhD Positions in Arctic Geophysics at University Centre in Svalbard, Norway
The Department of Arctic Geophysics of the University Centre in Svalbard have vacancies for two PhD position for four years each within the Space Physics group focusing on optics of air glow and aurora, respectively. UNIS provides education and carries out scientific research based in Svalbard within the high Arctic, and benefits greatly from this geographical location. Approximately half of the staff and students are from abroad, and all teaching is in English. UNIS is located in a new building in Longyearbyen, Svalbard, withvery good access to modern laboratories and equipment. UNIS is a state owned.
The successful candidates must have a Master degree in Physics or equivalent in a field related to the above described projects. Due to logistics, the candidates need to have driver licenses. Admission to the doctoral programme at one of the Norwegian mainland universities is a condition of employment in the position as PhD student. The final plan for researcher education shall be approved and a contract signed with the mainland university at the latest six months after commencement. The applications will be prepared by the candidates and the supervisors.
Employment Conditions for Ph.D positions
The employment contracts are of 4 years and include mandatory duties of 25% each. The successful candidatesmust live in Longyearbyen. They are expected to contribute actively to ongoing scientific activities in the department. It is also expected that the Ph.D. students take an active part in the advancement of their field of research, and they must also be willing to contribute to the development of UNIS in a more general sense.
All salaries are set in accordance with the Norwegian government’s University salary scale. Ph.D students starts at salary step 48, which currently is a gross salary of NOK 383 900.As a resident in Svalbard an annual allowance of NOK 26 400.(Svalbardtillegg) will be added to the salary. A Social Security contribution of 2 per cent, to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund, will be deducted from the salary. Income tax on Svalbard is 8 per cent, plus 7.8 per cent toward National Insurance coverage. Selection and appointment :An expert Committee appointed by the Managing director of UNIS, will evaluate the qualifications of the applicants. The Committee will review the applications in detail, and is the basis for interviews. The final appointment will be made by the Appointment Committee.
Scholarship Application Deadline: 15 April 2011
Visit Official Website.
329 total views, 1 views today
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- PhD student position in International and Comparative Education PhD student position in International and Comparative Education at the Institute of International Education, the Department of Education. Reference number SU 617-0588-11. Deadline for […]
- Bachelor, Master & PhD Scholarships for Students from Developing Countries at SIU The Norwegian government provides students from developing countries in the South and countries in the Western Balkans, Eastern Europe and in Central Asia (to view the list of […]
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Criminology/Sociology of Law at University of Oslo, Norway One position is avalable at the University of Oslo, Faculty of Law, Department of Criminology and Sociology of Law. The Postdoctoral researcher will become part in a vibrant research […]
- [Norway] Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Criminology/Sociology of Law at University of Oslo Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Criminology/Sociology of Law at University of OsloOverview One position is avalable at the University of Oslo, Faculty of Law, Department of Criminology and […]
- Research fellow (PhD candidate) in applied and computational mathematics at Department of Mathematics at University of Bergen The Department of Mathematics has a vacancy for a research fellow in applied and computational mathematics for a period of 4 years from August 2011. The PhD position is within the […]
- PhD or Postdoc Position in physics at Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Frankfurt The Institute for Theoretical Physics of Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Frankfurt invites applications for the following vacancy PhD or Postdoctoral Position in theoretical condensed […]
- Fellowships for Ph.D. students at the International Graduate School of Chemistry at the University of Muenster International Graduate School of Chemistry at the University of Muenster is inviting applications for PhD Fellowship. Applicants must hold a Master, Diploma or equivalent degree in […]
- Post-Doctoral Position in Computational Biology, Norway A three year full-time position as Service Scientist/Post Doctoral is available at Uni Research AS, within the Computational Biology Unit (CBU) of the Uni BCCS department.The position is […]
- PhD Student in Mathematics, University of Luxembourg The University of Luxembourg has the following vacancy in the Mathematics Research Unit of the Faculty of Science, Technology and Communication.One assistant position (PhD-student) in […]
- PhD Scholarship Position in Arctic Palaeoecology in Greifswald At the Institute of Botany and Landscape Ecology of Ernst-Moritz-Arndt-University Greifswald (Germany) a position is available as Scientific collaborator(50 %, 20 hours per week, 3 years […]
Demikianlah informasi tentang 2011 PhD Positions in Arctic Geophysics at University Centre in Svalbard, Norway, semoga bermanfaat.